Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Persistence and Honesty Have Their Rewards

I have had a successful day connecting with some fellow closeted, or non-closeted, gay men in the area.  Yes, it happened again. Two types of email ads have been fruitful: The Christian Brotherhood flavor, and the Frustrated Gay Man flavor.  For the former, I have been getting into very interesting discussions with a man who is going through the same thing I am.  It is so comforting to be able to tell stories to one another, ask tough questions, and talk things out.  For the latter, I get responses too, oddly.  In sympathy, or for giving me advice.  I actually have made 2 new friends today, 1 possible date, and 1 possible gathering with a group of 2 guys who just want to hang out.  So, hope on the horizon... and interesting people to meet, relatively soon. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment