Saturday, January 23, 2010

Three Lessons of Love

I feel a sadness, but I am not surprised.  I feel a sadness because the love and our caring for eachother was true, but so many barriers persisted. First, I realize that behaviors speak stronger than words.  If somebody truly loves you, they will make an effort to put aside their insecurities, they will trust you with their fears, they will become vulnerable in your arms.  If the behaviors are not consistent with the words, this indicates a potential underlying issue that must be addressed.  Second, I realize that sex in itself, not rooted in love, results in boredom which could turn to a mindless unhealthy habit if not identified early.  My conscience, thank goodness, spoke to me during this time of wandering. Though I do feel a loss by changing the nature of my cyber-relationship, I feel I can yet again nurture the longing for pure unadulterated love, not tarnished by cheap meaningless orgasms.  Third, I realize that love needs to be experienced "in the light", not in some secretive dark corner.  If one hides love out of shame or embarrassment, it cannot grow in a meaningful way.  I sit back in wonder at how I still learn about love, even in what society and religion would label as sinful relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment