Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Trial and Error of Self-Promotion

Well... some of my ads on CL actually work. I posted on the platonic section that I'm seeking out bisexual/gay/artsy/masculine dudes in their 20-30's for friendships and maybe more; and have gotten quite a few responses from some potentially quality guys leading to dates. We'll see what happens. I'm learning that 'getting myself out there' in the gay world means embracing shameless self-promotion in order to scream to get somebody's attention. Do I have to play this game in order to get a date? I'm not sure.  I don't want to put too much energy into this, but in some ways... I need to conform in order to penetrate (pun unintended) the inner circle.

Speaking of puns, I always thought it was funny to think... if somebody asked me about how it was to be gay, I would say "Well, it's a pain in the ass... and well, frankly, it can suck sometimes"...

Haahaaahaaa. Go figure, the pun fits right in... Love it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love the punny humor in all of this! You always seem to have remarkable bounce-back ability after feeling depressed, and you come away with a lesson, and a fresh perspective. Keep it up, as they say.

    ReplyDelete