Sunday, August 28, 2011

Navigation Checkpoint

Honestly, at this point, it is much easier to just blow off dating and not even worry about meeting somebody. The pulling up of the dating sites, the surfing, and constant hope being drowned out by no responses just creates a hopelessness that I would rather not even think about, because the other parts of my life, thank goodness, bring forth so much peace and enjoyment.  If I didn't have an interesting career or be surrounded by good pals, or was not immersing myself into interesting hobbies, things would be pretty much a drag. 

But, at the same time,, that is sad, is that if I DO think about the hopeless dating situation, it DOES drag me down and get me depressed. It's like I start playing those question scenarios in my head, wondering if I'm doing everything possible to get a date, if it's me, and not the other person, if I've tried everything in the book, if I need to control things more, or just let things go. And if I let things go, will things happen, just like they do in the hetero world? Am I putting myself into the correct situations to meet somebody, and if not, how do I do it?

That in fact is the million dollar question: Am I putting myself in the right settings/situations in order to meet another guy? If not, what do I need to do to change things? The online venues are not working at all, people don't even write back.. which is an abysmal sign that most dudes online are just apathetic, picky, desperate, assholes, or a combination of all of these. 

I've tried, and did not work: 

a) online dating sites (works once in a blue moon; not sure if I need to play the game better) 
b) craigslist hookups (works for hookups, sometimes... even then, waste of time, risky, and stressful)
c) craigslist platonic dating (dodge-y) 
d) tried to volunteer for an organization (young'ins 20's-30's, uncomfortable; also rude and not responsive; self-absorbed, stereotypical gays; depressing and annoying; homophobia creeps in)
e) showing up to gay line dancing (40's and 50's; more comfortable with women; guys are cliqueish; uncomfortable doing traditional dancing with guys)

I tried and made some good friends: 

a) HOPE Catholic group (great group of guys....) 
b) Friends of Dorothy (I still keep in touch with them)
c) AIDS walk

Have not tried, but want to do, not sure how.. 

a) go to more bars and events (but, get shy, don't want to go alone) 
b) like: Missie B's, Hamburger Mary's, Bistro 303

No comments:

Post a Comment