Thursday, September 9, 2010

How Do Bisexual Men Choose?

Where do relationships and friendships with bisexual men lead? This is an interesting question indeed, because if they are truly equally attracted to both men and women, which gender do they seek in a permanent partner? Do they ever seek partners or spouses? If they do, do they give into their homosexual desires on the side? Is it therefore not worth having a relationship with a bisexual man?  Such are the thoughts of a man new to the scene who sure is making friends with many bi-sexual males.  Intriguing to me, because I think of bisexuals as acting totally straight, but liking men also.  It's an appealing combination... a masculine, straight acting guy who loves to be with men.  But, if they like women also, how do you know they won't cheat on you? Go back to the other side? I wonder how this works in real life.

3 comments:

  1. The research on that question indicates that those who self-identify as bisexual men eventually identify as gay men. In addition, recent research showed that the sexual attraction patterns of those who identified as bisexual were indistinguishable from those who identified as gay. Sexual orientation is not a lifestyle, it's a description of who you are attracted to. The majority of males who identify as bisexual are mostly attracted to other men, but they are emotionally attached to women. Unfortunately, these marriages usually fail - 90% within 10 years of disclosure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a life long bisexual man, I both agree with and disagree with the research androgynousmuse quoted. Coming to accept my sexuality was a struggle for me. My male/male play began very very early in life and lasted until I married at age 18. I had become interested in girls right on schedule at age 12, but continued my male/male sexual activities simply because they were available and girls were not. I assumed when I married that the desires would cease. I absolutely love straight sex and my wife is very good at it, but it does not take the place of male/male sex. I am more attracted to a male body than a female, but I love intercouse with my wife more than I do the physical activity with men. On the other hand I cannot imagine living with a man. My emotional commitment is to my wife. I certainly agree that most married men who come out to their wives as bisexual end up divorced. Usually doesn't take ten years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We think that there is a percent of the bi male population that was not addressed. The bi couple group. As swingers with a male who is just recently exploring his bi side, we are finding there are a fair number of men out there who have little to no interest in men outside of encounters that include their significant female other (wife or LTR). They enjoy bi activities on some level, but it is not their primary desire. Most will not go looking for a bi male relationship on any level, alone. We think the dynamics of a bi couple are different than those of a couple who the bi male comes out and admits to his straight wife, especially if the bi couple is involved in the swing lifestyle. We would like to see this addressed.

    ReplyDelete