Friday, June 18, 2010

And Then Mom Expressed Her Support.....

I had another success this week: an open conversation with mom about my sexual orientation issues.  We spoke of our difficult conversation back in the late fall, when I reacted with frustration and anger.  We spoke about our perspectives during that conversation, and how we misinterpreted eachothers' intentions.  What a relief, to have mom just come out and say she is supportive and loves me unconditionally.  This of course did not surprise me, but I really needed to hear this from her.  It is amazing the importance we place on parental approval and blessings.  Although our stubborn sides of ourselves reject the need for parental approval, receiving such understanding is a gift of grace and love.  I was going to move forward regardless mom's and dad's acceptance. But, to have this piece of the puzzle in place already, even before pursuing gay relationships, is truly a blessing.  I can now continue to move forward with confidence, knowing that mom and dad love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment