Saturday, May 14, 2011

What's next? How do I get there?

I feel like I have run out of options for meeting guys.  I can run down the list, and say things have not worked.  Match.com does not work, except that I have met one friend.  Craigslist definitely does NOT work, except on platonic section I have met a friend.  Plentyoffish only worked a couple of times, but the guys are so young, and never write back consistently.  I could go on and on about how I'm not meeting the right people, and how I don't know where to go next.  I literally do not know where to go. I am out of places. My networking is running dry, and I am feeling hopeless.... Maybe I should just not try to date? Maybe I should expand my social venues to include straight groups doing activities like community service or hiking/outdoors? I do not 'have a group' right now. Am I doing something wrong? Should I be networking a different way, or else I'll just go along and meet nobody? Where do I go? Who do I talk to? The problem with the new, current gay friends I have made is that I am always the one doing all the inviting, and pressing forth all the energy....... The tough thing about the gay world is that 1) one must first find out where the gay guys are; 2) then you have to navigate between just wanting to be pals versus wanting something more; 3) then you have to deal with the general 'guy' attitudes of not following up; being self-centered; and being idiots. After you've completed all the navigating, you've used a litmus test to basically rule every guy out, with nobody else to date, unless you put aside your own values in order to just get some action, and feel like you're being loved by somebody. I have no fucking clue what to do anymore.  My solutions could be 1) just start showing up to these gay events and introducing myself; 2) start marketing myself like everybody else in order to capture somebody's attention. Here is the crux of the issue: with the time that I do have outside of work, do I spend the time in a venue that increases my likelihood of meeting a partner? Or do I spend it in an activity that is related to my values/interests? I just don't want to wake up 5 years from now and still not have a plan, a partner, a life..... that I have envisioned right now....

No comments:

Post a Comment