Monday, February 15, 2010

Praying for Tolerance

Overwhelmed with emotion, gratitude, empathy, understanding... just washing over me......I listen to a gentleman on NPR speaking very articulately about his coming out experience, speaking about the pain, society's outlook, and I feel encouraged, and feel a kindred spirit, really, in listening to somebody with common experiences.  He is speaking of the difficulties of being a gay Christian, and speaks of how religion has many times in history used the Bible and dogma to justify discrimination.....  This man is very enlightening, and it provides me courage, and stirs up in me a passion, of wanting society to open up their minds and love, casting off unjustifiable fears that have no basis.  I pray that homosexuality becomes less of an "issue" in our society, as we age, sexual orientation will become a non-issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment