Sunday, April 3, 2011

Re-Focus and Re-Start

I am having a better week....... I am starting to readjust my expectations of the dating life, and trying to be very thankful and appreciative of the new friendships with gay men that I have established, and work on these, instead of obsessing about sex... i think building friendships based upon trust, enjoyment, and fun is something I would rather have right now, because it fills the void that I'm trying to fill with fruitless efforts of craigslist surfing.. So, I think at least for now, I feel a bit more hopeful about filling my life with more meaning, and being less focused on 'finding a boyfriend'. 

This is my spiritual writing week as well, and have been reading Henri Nouwen's daily meditations semi-regularly since the beginning of Lent, to attempt to bring a bit more structure, meaning, and depth into my free time by myself; and it becomes a good exercise in meditation, writing,,,, which I then try to translate the lessons immediately into my daily life by improving my communication with others, and trying to live a better life as a Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment