Thursday, December 16, 2010

Musings of Angst

It's like an ache that hits the pit of the stomach when a cute, handsome, athletic, and friendly man walks into a room. An attraction that cannot be denied. The ache is exacerbated by negative thoughts of not being able to find a man, fufill this need for male intimacy.  The ache reminds me of the challenges of my current state of being, brings me back to the conundrum of being a gay man in a straight society.  The ache brings me back to the cold truths of the circumstances that I must face with confidence, patience, and clarity. I cannot say it is easy, but I can say that these moments in time remind me of how far I have come, as well as how far I have to go, before acheiving a sense of peace that will set my heart free.

No comments:

Post a Comment