Saturday, December 25, 2010

Snapping Out of the Doldrums

The evenings are always much more difficult for me when I am relaxed and am not motivated to do any of my hobbies, reading, or extracurricular activities. I get hung up on my loneliness. The next morning I feel like an idiot because I could have used that time to do the hobbies and activities that I enjoy, and claim I never have time to do! Why does this happen? The cycles of emotions.  I need to have some type of mechanism for 'snapping out' of my doldrums when they indeed occur.  I mean, the entry last night, however poetic, was pretty morose and depressing. The mind is a powerful thing and getting entrapped in your own emotions can be dangerous and counterproductive.

1 comment:

  1. Totally with you there, Ziggmeister. Your feelings of lonliness when you slow down are not necessarily a product of your concern with your emotions over gayness. Quiet evenings are more difficult for me, too, and simply because i feel guilty for not FEELING like getting up and running around, doing my many hobbies, and "getting things done". It is scary and lonely to sit with one's own thoughts. Perhaps that is why we stay so busy?
    Learn to breathe and relax with the time you have. It is okay to have doldrum times!

    ReplyDelete